07/06/2012, 14:10
Dal sito ufficiale:

It's time to activate the world now. The overall idea is that entities such as town governments, bandit gangs, criminal organizations, necromancer cults, etc., will have goals and act to carry them out, replacing losses and reacting to your acts as you arise to interfere or aid them, with a generous helping of tension between historical figures frosted with beast antics.

Some initial work is required, but we're going to try to move through it quickly this time. I'm currently taking the preliminary step of detailing entity claims to sites based on purpose, location, time of day, and so on. Then the plan is to use these to get entity representatives such as guards and dirt bags out on the streets, along with regular citizens with varying views on the entity claims, and to get them all interacting with each other and adventurers a bit. That'll set the stage for the visible realignment of entity claims as the game progresses, and it'll give you some material to work with. Specific quests are going to start to drop out of the game as we proceed, to be replaced by you doing what you want with respect to the various groups and reacting to their direct intervention in your affairs. Now that we'll have the site control situation a little more fleshed out, we're also going include a bit of exposition, both for your home town when you start and when you talk to people in places you visit, though you might still happen upon trouble before you hear anything.

Part of the entertainment will include learning information about the locations of villains, starting with the simple bandit gangs that have thugs harassing people in town. To this end we'll be including non-lethal combat and a recognition by participants and bystanders of the various stages of escalation in the confrontations. Killing a town's miscreants won't generally be sound practice if you don't want to be feared yourself. A sufficiently outmatched opponent will be able to surrender to you, and that should allow you to come through to the villain's hideout or to send a message to the villain. The mechanics included will be general and apply to anybody that can surrender and speak. We'll be improving bandit hideouts for the larger groups, and those groups will divide the time of their members between patrols, guard duty, and their active goals.

These relatively simple setups will give rise to more complicated games as we increase the number of plots and allegiances available for critters. The foundation of an active world which can handle sustained play is the regular advancement of history through birth, death and succession, so we're also going to tackle these early on in the process. More details as we go!

TRADUZIONE

E' ora di rendere il mondo attivo. L'idea generale è che entità come i governi cittadini, le bande di briganti, le organizzazioni criminali, i culti dei necromanti, ecc.., avranno obiettivi e cercheranno di portarli a termine, rimpiazzando le perdite e reagendo alle vostre azioni sia che li aiutate, sia che li andate contro, con un generoso apporto di tensione tra figure storiche ghiacciate con strane bestie.

E' richiesto un pò di lavoro iniziale, ma abbiamo intenzione di provare a muoverci velocemente questa volta. Sto attualmente lavorando sui passi preliminari per quanto riguarda i particolari della rivendicazione dei luoghi da parte delle entità, basandosi su motivazione, ubicazione, parte del giorno e cose simili. Successivamente il progetto è di usare questo per ottenere emissari delle entità come guardie e sacche di sporco in giro per le strade, insieme ai normali cittadini con differenti punti d'osservazione sulle rivendicazioni delle entità e facendo in modo che tutti interagiscano un poco con loro stessi e con l'avventuriero. Questo imposterà le basi per il visibile riallineamento delle rivendicazione delle entità con il procedere del gioco e vi darà alcuni materiali su cui lavorarci. Specifiche missioni incominceranno ad essere eliminate dal gioco mentre giocheremo, così da essere rimpiazzate con quello che voi volete rispettando i vari gruppi e reagendo al loro intervento diretto nei vostri affari. Ora che avremmo il controllo della situazione dei luoghi un poco più sostanzioso, noi possiamo anche includere un pò di esposizione, sia per la vostra città natale quando inizierete e quando parlerete con le persone nei posti che visiterete, anche se potrebbero arrivare inaspettatamente problemi prima che potreste ascoltare qualsiasi cosa.

Una parte del divertimento includerà la raccoltà d'informazioni sulle posizioni dei cattivi, iniziando con i semplici gruppi di banditi che attaccheranno le persone in città. Per questo sarà incluso un sistema di combattimento non letale e di riconoscimento dei partecipanti dagli spettatori delle differenti fasi di intensificazione nei conflitti. Uccidere una canaglia di città generalmente non vi sarà d'aiuto se non volete essere temuti voi stessi. Un avversario malmentano sufficientemente potrà arrendersi a voi e vi permetterà di andare verso il nascondiglio del cattivo o di recapitargli un messaggio. Queste meccaniche saranno generiche e si applicheranno a chiunque si potrà arrendere e parlare. Noi miglioreremo i nascondigli dei banditi per i gruppi più larghi e questi gruppi divideranno il tempo dei loro membri tra pattuglie, turni di guardia e i loro obiettivi attuali.

Queste relativamente semplici premesse permetteranno la nascita di meccaniche più complicate quando incrementeremo il numero di trame e alleanze permesse alle creature. La base di un mondo attivo che può gestire una partita di tal genere è il regolare avanzamento della storia attraverso nascite, morti e successioni così abbiamo intenzione di confrontarci con queste cose all'inizio. Più dettagli mentre procederemo.